Search

Loading...

12/19/13

Colours Of The Season


Last month, I attended a small lunch (along with several other home design bloggers) in New York hosted by Farrow and Ball in order to preview this year's colors (whoops, it's a British brand, so that would be colours) and wallpapers.  Having used the beautiful line of paints from Farrow and Ball in our Vermont kitchen and my home here in New York and also some of the lovely wallpaper in our place in Florida, I was already a big fan of this well known English company. We all got to meet and chat with the quirky and completely inspiring creative director, Charlotte Cosby. There's even a colour named in honor of Ms. Cosby's ginger hair: Charlie's locks, and that's just the type of wonderful insight behind the brand we were all treated to that day. Meeting Charlie and listening to her delightful artistic tales of the English design world was so much fun.  Not to mention learning the correct way to pronounce some of these colours (seen here today Rectory Red No. 217, Stiffkey Blue No. 281 pronounced Stewkey! and Mole's Breath No. 276) At the end of this lovely lunch, we were all given a copy of Farrow & Ball Decorating with Colour, which I've flipped through so many times now, each time finding new and inspiring ideas. This book is a follow up to Farrow and Ball's best selling, Living With Colour.  Both of which, would make great gifts and are available on Amazon Prime, a total lifesaver! (just in case you are like me and still scrambling to get a few last minute items under the tree!)

8 comments:

  1. Lovely!! I do love their colors as well. The book looks like a beautiful read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the Stiffkey Blue, so I need to make sure I remember the pronunciation note! It is paired so beautifully with that all-white chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to getting that book. My motto is, "a can of paint can change your life". Color can transform a room.....and they way you feel about that room.
    Happy Holidays,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue I love the jewel tones of the season!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Farrow and Ball paint is so wonderful the color is saturated and rich, I love all these images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous colors! Great notion for a last minute gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beautiful simplicity of your decorations is the perfect compliment to your home- just perfection! Best wishes for a lovely holiday.Decorating with Colour

    ReplyDelete

Got something to share? Would love to hear it. I read every single comment:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Google+